Keane For Fitness is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of clients in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th
- This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
When do we collect personal data about clients?
When a client starts a course or a class with Keane for Fitness, they are asked to complete an Information & Consent Form. This form is completed once only.
What type of personal data is collected?
- Personal information: Name
- Contact Information: Address, Phone No, Email address
- Medical Information: Doctor Contact Details, Historical and Existing Medication Conditions and/or Injuries
- Exercise Information: Experience to date, preferences of exercise, exercise goals.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data for the following reasons;
- To inform the instructor of any medical issues that a client may have (or had in the past) that may require monitoring during exercise sessions.
- To design classes with clients’ goals and preferences in mind.
- To notify clients of any changes to class times of venues.
- To inform clients of new classes, competitions/races or courses that might be of interest.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on Consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will be stored in a combination safe and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on Vital Interests
This information is collected to provide information of any previous or ongoing health issues/injuries that may have a bearing on the exercise being taken in classes. The legal basis for collecting this information is Vital Interests. Article 6(1)(d) provides a lawful basis for processing where ‘processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person’.
How long do we keep personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer client queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes. Therefore, we may
retain personal data for a time after the last interaction with a client but it will be no longer than 7 years. Once this retention period has elapsed we will delete the data in a secure manner.
How is the data stored?
All paper copies of consent forms are held in a combination safe. All digital information is held on a secure server.
Rights to personal data
Clients have the following rights with respect to their personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal data that Keane For Fitness holds.
- The right to request that Keane For Fitness corrects personal data is inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Keane For Fitness to retain such data.
Do we share personal data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade personal data with any third parties without client consent, except if required by law. We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
However, we will do what we can to ensure that clients’ privacy rights continue to be protected.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Data Protection Commissioner via www.dataprotection.ie or at Canal House Station Road Portarlington R32 AP23 Co. Laois.